Here is the 2016 Report on the Christchurch Earthquake Litigation List by the Chief High Court Judge. Points of note are:
- 302 new proceedings since 30 September 2015;
- This includes 53 cases involving alleged defective or inadequate repairs;
- More Judges to be allocated to earthquake cases;
- In the year 125 cases were settled and discontinued and only 2 required a full hearing and judgment;
- There are 400 active cases of which 55 are set down for trial and 345 are in the case management process;
- More Judge time will allocated to early judicial settlement conferences;
- Only 1 case awaits disposal in the Court of Appeal.